LOVETRAIN2020 Emanuel Gat Dance Company
Presented by Dublin Dance Festival and the Abbey Theatre
A feast for the senses, this exhilarating contemporary "musical” celebrates connection, life and love.
Emanuel Gat Dance Company returns to DDF with an exuberant contemporary "musical” for 12 dancers. Set to the musical hits of British duo Tears for Fears, LOVETRAIN2020 is a choreographic ode to the vibe and sound of the 80s, with its utopic drive and epic groove.↓ Read more
€13 – €40 (concession rates available)
Abbey Theatre, on the Abbey stage
75 mins (no interval)
From the show
“LOVETRAIN2020 is marvellous … It’s loud, joyous, physical, close … A celebration of the body, of performance, of life.”
The New York Times
“With its baroque costumes, its 80s soundtrack and a company happy to be back on stage, LOVETRAIN2020 celebrates the pleasure of being connected through dance.”
“Refined, complex but also generous and popular, this remarkable achievement offers a lyrical and baroque reflection on the dialectic of the group and the individual.”
Danser Canal Historique
“Tears for Fears come one after another, but the music doesn’t overwhelm the choreography. It pauses at times to let the dancers invest the stage in magnificent chiaroscuro lights. Emanuel Gat’s show is a deep breath of fresh air.”
“A fabulous choreographic firework carried by a troupe of bright and extraordinary dancers … LOVETRAIN2020 is Gat at his best, a really grandiose and hypnotic show, a piece at the crossroads of the arts to be indulged without moderation”
In LOVETRAIN2020, Gat, one of the most renowned choreographers of his generation, explores the intersection of movement and sound to create a charged space of overlap and counterpoints. In this story of endless possibilities, people come together, drift apart, push, pull, hold back, and resolve to march on.
Sumptuous baroque-style costumes and dramatic chiaroscuro lighting add layers of texture and colour to this rigorously staged piece. The result is a feast for the senses and an exhilarating celebration of connection, life and love.
- Choreography and Lighting Emanuel Gat
- Created with and performed by Eglantine Bart, Thomas Bradley, Robert Bridger, Gilad Jerusalmy, Michael Loehr, Emma Mouton, Eddie Oroyan, Rindra Rasoaveloson, Ichiro Sugae, Karolina Szymura, Sara Wilhelmsson, Jin Young Won.
- Costume Design Thomas Bradley
- Costume Construction Thomas Bradley, Wim Muyllaert
- Technical Direction & Lighting Supervision Guillaume Février
- Sound Frédéric Duru
- Wardrobe Marie-Pierre Callies
- Production: Emanuel Gat Dance: Marjorie Carré, Mélanie Bichot
- Coproduction Festival Montpellier Danse 2020, Chaillot – Théâtre national de la Danse, Arsenal Cité Musicale – Metz, Theater Freiburg, with the support of Romaeuropa Festival.
Emanuel Gat Dance acknowledges the support of the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, and DRAC Provence Alpes-Côte d’Azur, Région Sud – Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur and Conseil Départemental des Bouches-du- Rhône. LOVETRAIN2020 receives the support of Institut Français for its international tours. Created at Agora – cité internationale de la danse in Montpellier.