DDF News — 16 Jan 2018
Casting call for dancers to perform a series of works by Yvonne Rainer
(Yvonne Rainer, 2014. What is dance? "Spontaneity". Image Credit: Daniel Assayag)
Pioneering American dancer, choreographer, filmmaker, and writer Yvonne Rainer is invited by IMMA (Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin) to present a series of her early works, in association with Dublin Dance Festival 2018.
3 Dancers Required
Works include Trio A with Flags (1966), Talking Solo from Terrain (1963), Chair/Pillow (1969) (subject to change)
For the production of these works, we are looking for professional dancers who meet the following requirements:
- Persons with a developed and ongoing dance practice with substantial performing experience.
- Nudity is included in some of the performances.
- Dancers will need to be available to attend all of the rehearsals.
Some rehearsals and performances will be filmed for archival, educational and promotional purposes.
- Audition: Thu. 19th April at Dance Ireland
- Rehearsals: Mon. 23rd April – Wed. 2nd May, and Wed. 9th – Fri. 11th May 2018, inclusive, at Dance Ireland
- Performances: Sat. 12th & Sun. 13th May at IMMA (Irish Museum of Modern Art), Dublin
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 2 February 2018 with:
- Letter outlining your interest and suitability
- Curriculum vitae, including whom you have performed for, in what genres, your training and education
- Link and password to some videos uploaded on a web platform (vimeo, youtube…) that contains you speaking about why you are interested in this work; selected footage of your previous work; anything else you think may be relevant
Successful applicants who are invited to audition will be notified by 2 March 2018.
Rehearsal and performance fees will be paid.
Early works by Yvonne Rainer, presented by IMMA, in association with Dublin Dance Festival with the support of Project Arts Centre and Dance Ireland.