DDF News — 6 Sep 2021
Calling All Artists – DDF Board of Directors Open Call
Can you contribute to a dynamic festival which shares extraordinary dance experiences and creates vital opportunities for dance artists? Dublin Dance Festival is inviting an artist to join our Board of Directors.
We are looking for someone who values dance and can help to shape the future of the festival. Someone who understands how to create the conditions for artists to flourish. Someone who can get behind DDF’s ethos and values. Someone who has a knowledge of the arts and cultural sector in Ireland. Someone who brings sound decision-making and who has the capacity to help drive DDF’s strategic priorities 2021 – 2024 to:
- Bring exceptional, powerful dance to more people
- Support diverse talent to thrive and make great work
- Create more opportunities for dance artists
- Increase the role and relevance of dance across Irish culture and society
- Build influence with partners and funders around the wider positive impact of dance
Your Role on Board
We are seeking a commitment for a period of 3 years with an option to serve up to 6 years. Previous experience of being on a Board is not essential - induction and training is provided. The Board meets 6 times a year with sub-groups meeting and planning days outside of Board meetings. Board members cannot have conflicts of interest, and artists joining the Board will not be presented or engaged by Dublin Dance Festival in any performances, projects, events while they are a Director. Board membership is voluntary and unremunerated though travel expenses will be paid.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter setting out your interest in Dublin Dance Festival and the specific area of expertise that you will bring to the board;
- A CV outlining your professional experience. Please include details of any previous service as a board director, trustee or any other voluntary/community work
Deadline: Sunday 24 October
DDF welcomes applications from people from a diversity of national, ethnic or cultural groups including, but not limited to, Asian, Black, Traveller and minority ethnic, refugees, people with disabilities, working-class and LGBTQI+ people.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org