DDF News — 13 Sep 2018
Become one of the Aerowaves Twenty for 2019
Don’t miss your chance to become an Aerowaves Artist! Aerowaves Europe is looking for the next Twenty talented emerging choreographers based in geographical Europe.
HOW TO APPLY
(Application deadline: 14 September 2019)
- Read the eligibility criteria thoroughly before putting your application together
- Get your application in as early as possible
- Give yourself plenty of time to upload your video to Vimeo – technical hitches cause stress, especially at the last minute!
- Make sure the video of the work you are submitting is of the highest possible quality and correct length
- Let your national Aerowaves representatives know that you are applying and invite them to see your performance live
PROVIDING YOUR VIDEO ON VIMEO
- Please upload your video to Vimeo (preferably in HD) and include the link in your application form. If you have a Vimeo Plus account please enable 'download' in the settings so we can download it. If you don't then upload a version to Vimeo that is less than 500MB (to avoid paying a subscription), and send a bigger file (if available) via a service like We Transfer, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ideal dimensions are 1920 x 1080 in HD, but please try to keep your file to under 2GB. There must be a version of the work online, and we must also have an actual copy
- Use the privacy settings if you do not wish it to be public, but include the password in your application form
- Please put a 100 word artist statement in the description box of your Vimeo upload - it can include factual and contextual information about the work
- We use your Vimeo links to share with Aerowaves Partners before our Annual Meeting in October - so that they can do their homework!
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR VIDEO
Since our selection process is assisted by watching a video recording, it's really important that you think about how your work will come across.
- The video should be a fairly simple record of a public performance of the work from beginning to end
- If you are applying with an edited version of a longer work, the video you provide must be of the shortened version
- It should include close-ups and wide shots – think about how best to represent the work in terms of details / angles / capturing the scale
- Promotional videos are not acceptable, nor are videos of any work other than the one with which you are applying to Aerowaves
- Please try and keep the size of the file to under 2GB
CLICK HERE for more details and application form.