This event was part of our 2020 Edition
Entropie Léo Lérus / Compagnie Zimarel
Guadeloupe / France
A vibrant meeting of tradition and technology, infused with Caribbean spirit
From the show
"Entropie is a visceral and human piece, imbued with the unifying Creole spirit."
Entropie bursts with the vibrant energy and percussive rhythm of traditional Léwòz gatherings on the islands of Guadeloupe. At these popular community celebrations, the dancers playfully improvise and challenge the solo percussionist who follows the dancers’ movements with the rhythmic beats of gwoka; a creole music born from a time of slavery.
Having worked with some of the most prestigious international dance companies, Léo Lérus returns to his roots with a sensitive piece that bridges the divide between tradition and technology. Four remarkable dancers take inspiration from the Léwòz tradition in an uplifting and unifying choreography. Equipped with sensors, they control at times the lighting and sound with their movements, opening a fresh dialogue between the dancers and their environment.
Developed in close collaboration with sound designer and composer Gilbert Nouno, Entropie surges with powerful movement and pulsating music to create a performance deeply rooted in tradition and spliced with modernity.
- Choreography Léo Lérus in collaboration with the dancers
- Performers Ndoho Ange, Maëva Berthelot, Léo Lérus, Shamel Pitts, Gilbert Nouno (Music)
- Musical Concept Léo Lérus, Gilbert Nouno
- Interactive Sound and Light Development Gilbert Nouno
- Lighting Design, Stage and Light Manager Chloé Bouju
- Costumes Ingrid Denise
- Artistic Advisors Clémence Galliard, Michael Getman, Julien Monty
- Executive Producer L’Artchipel, Scène Nationale de Guadeloupe
- Touring Compagnie Zimarel in collaboration with Jamila Hessaïne
Produced by Compagnie Zimarel – Léo Lérus. Coproduced by L’Artchipel - Scène nationale de la Guadeloupe et Théâtre 71 - Scène nationale de Malakoff. With the support of DAC Guadeloupe, Adami, Onda, Conseil régional de la Guadeloupe, Ville de Sainte-Anne and the residency programme “La Fabrique Chaillot” - Chaillot - Théâtre national de la Danse.