Here Not Here / ELENIT Euripides Laskaridis
A chance to go behind the scenes as Euripides Laskaridis and his team rehearse his latest and most ambitious work.
Available to Watch
7pm, Wed 26 May – 11:59pm, Sun 30 May
From the show
“...anarchic, physical theatre that will live long in the memory. Euripides Laskaridis is a Greek exponent of the theatre of the absurd, without inhibition and possessing enormous charisma.”
A year after the premiere of his latest work in 2019, ELENIT, and just as rehearsals were underway for the work’s upcoming international tour, a second lockdown interrupted all plans in 2020. Postponing these live performances posed a problem. Filming and sharing Here Not Here has been the creative solution.
The mini documentary, Here Not Here, is a dive into the world of ELENIT. In this short film, Euripides Laskaridis and his team allow us to take a glimpse into their rehearsals and witness what happens backstage and in the dressing rooms.
Described as “a tightrope walker who knows how to skilfully balance dream and imagination” and “a creator of an unfathomable yet familiar language, distant and moving”, Laskaridis shares insights into his process and the way he wants audiences to engage with the work and the experience.
Filmed by award-winning documentary filmmaker Eva Stefani, Here Not Here is filled with the power of an unforgettable production suspended between here and not here.
- HERE NOT HERE
- Directed by Euripides Laskaridis
- Produced by Onassis Stegi, Théâtre de la Ville – Paris & OSMOSIS
- Costume Design Angelos Mentis
- Original Music & Sound Design Giorgos Poulios
- Set Design Loukas Bakas
- Lighting Design Eliza Alexandropoulou
- Dramaturgy Consultant Alexandros Mistriotis
- Creative Consultant Eva Stefani
- Filmed by Pavlos Kosmidis, Emilia Milou, Eva Stefani
- Editor & Sound Designer Panagiotis Papafragkos
- Artistic Associate & Texts Kyriacos Karseras
- Title Design Vasilis Marmatakis
- Assistant Editor Fani Bitou
- Line Producers Simona Fremder – EdM Productions, Nikos Mavrakis – TooFarEast
- Performers Nikos Dragonas, Konstantinos Georgopoulos, Amalia Kosma, Chara Kotsali, Manos Kotsaris, Euripides Laskaridis, Thanos Lekkas, Dimitris Matsoukas, Efthimios Moschopoulos, Giorgos Poulios, Fay Xhuma
- Also Appearing Kostas Alexiou, Areti Antonatou, Giorgos Antonopoulos, Anthias Balis, Thanassis Dakos, Dinos Nikolaou, Kostis Pavlopoulos, Ioanna Plessa, Yorgos Tsitsingos, Olga Vlassi
Produced by Onassis Stegi. Supported by the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès within the framework of the New Settings 2020 programme. Co-produced by Théâtre de la Ville-Paris, Teatro della Pergola-Florence, Pôle européen de création – Ministère de la Culture / Biennale de la danse de Lyon 2020, Teatro Municipal do Porto, Festival TransAmériques, Les Halles de Schaerbeek, Teatre Lliure, Malraux – Scène nationale Chambéry Savoie, Théâtre de Liège, Julidans & Bonlieu Scène Nationale Annecy in collaboration with ICI—Centre chorégraphique national Montpellier – Occitanie and in association with EdM Productions – Rial & Eshelman.
Funded by the Hellenic Ministry of Culture & Sports.