Fallen From Heaven (Caída Del Cielo) Rocío Molina
Presented by Dublin Dance Festival and the Abbey Theatre
A daring and explosive celebration of femininity and flamenco.
24 May—25 May
Dublin Dance Festival is delighted to present Fallen From Heaven (Caída Del Cielo) by Rocío Molina, a wild and boundary-breaking star of the flamenco world.↓ Read more
€13 – €40 (concession rates available)
Abbey Theatre, on the Abbey stage
90 mins (no interval)
Share Fallen From Heaven (Caída Del Cielo)
Note: This show contains partial nudity
From the show
"The young flamenco artist is a connoisseur of drama, famous for rocking the genre with vivid, theatrical concepts."
"Under Molina’s lens, flamenco is a beast that can’t be tamed."
"She’s flamenco’s wildest radical – punk and glorious – a magnificent dancer whose range takes in the fiery intensity of traditional styles, surreal fantasy, and unpredictable humour."
"Molina’s footwork is fast and explosive, but she’s a flamenco star who never relies on it..., showing off liquid backbends, swinging hips and shoulders, her movement quality as sleek as a cat’s."
Fallen From Heaven is a journey between opposing forces. Flamenco’s hallmarks – the passion, the proud stance and piercing eye contact – jostle for position with flashes of the avant-garde and the absurd in a radical celebration of womanhood.
Performed to live music which combines original composition, flamenco and rock, this daring work transforms a traditional dance form into an explosive, theatrical experience. In this masterful and irreverent exploration, Molina cycles through multiple incarnations of the feminine archetype – from virtuous beauty to bondage-clad toreador to bloodied supernatural being, expertly fusing the fiery intensity of flamenco with a contemporary aesthetic.
Praised as “a force to be reckoned with, in art and in life”, Rocío Molina has been recognised for her contribution to dance with the coveted Silver Lion Award at the Venice Biennale (2022) and an Olivier Award nomination for Outstanding Achievement in Dance in 2018.
- Choreography & Musical Direction Rocío Molina
- Artistic Direction Rocío Molina, Carlos Marquerie
- Performers Rocío Molina (Dancer), Eduardo Trassierra (Guitar), Kiko Peña (Song, Electric Base), José Manuel Ramos “Oruco” (Percussion, Handclapping and Beat), Pablo Martín Jones (Percussion, Electronics)
- Dramaturgy, Stage Space & Lighting Carlos Marquerie
- Technical Direction & Lighting Antonio Serrano
- Original Music Composition Eduardo Trassierra
- Musical Composition Collaboration José Angel Carmona, José Manuel Ramos “Oruco”, Pablo Martín Jones
- Choreographic Collaboration Elena Córdoba
- Sound Javier Álvarez
- Costume Design Cecilia Molano
- Costume Creation López de Santos, Maty, Rafael Solís
- Stage Management María Agar Martínez
- Photography Pablo Guidali
- Executive Direction El Mandaito Producciones S.L.