Mitten Olivia Rochette and Gerard-Jan Claes
A fascinating documentary that takes us behind the scenes with an icon of contemporary dance, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker
17 Nov—30 Nov
Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker is undeniably one of the icons of contemporary dance. She has captivated and challenged dance artists and audiences alike and has presented work as part of several DDF Editions, most recently Rosas danst Rosas at the Abbey Theatre as part of DDF2019.↓ Read more
FREE (booking required)
Share this event
Available to watch online from 12pm (midday), Thurs 17 Nov – 12am (midnight) Wed 30 Nov
French & English, with English subtitles
Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker shows the way to perfection in the documentary Mitten.
There is a gentle creative harmony that radiates throughout the film.
The documentary film Mitten, directed by Olivia Rochette and Gerard-Jan Claes, follows the final weeks of rehearsal of Mitten wir im Leben sind, a performance by De Keersmaeker, her company Rosas and cellist Jean-Guihen Queyras, based on the six cello suites by Johann Sebastian Bach.
The film offers a glance into De Keersmaeker's meticulous working process, building a choreographic universe by studying musical composition. This intense creative process of continuously reshaping and honing, characterised by an inexhaustible longing for precision and detail, is reflected in the filmmakers' patient look at the work of the choreographer, the musician and the dancers.
- Choreography Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker
- Cello Jean-Guihen Queyras
- Created with and Danced by Boštjan Antončič, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, Marie Goudot, Julien Monty, Michaël Pomero
- Music Johann Sebastian Bach, Suites for solo cello, BWV 1007-1012
- Costumes An D'Huys
- Dramaturgy Jan Vandenhouwe
- Sound Alban Moraud
- Lighting Luc Schaltin
- Artistic Assistance Carlos Garbin, Femke Gyselinck, Cynthia Loemij
- Rehearsal Direction Femke Gyselinck
- Coordination & Artistic Planning Anne Van Aerschot
- Artistic Advisor Thierry De Mey
- Technical Director Joris Erven
- Costume Coordination Heide Vanderieck
- Technicians Max Adams, Joris de Bolle, Michael Smets, Bert Veris
- Production Rosas
- Co-production Munt / La Monnaie (Brussels), Ruhrtriennale,
- Concert Hall Brugge, Philharmonie de Paris / Théâtre de la Ville (Paris) / Festival d'Automne (Paris), Sadler's Wells (London), Les Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg, Opéra de Lille, Ludwigsburger Schlossfestspiele, Elbphilharmonie (Hamburg), Montpellier Danse 2018
Produced by Accattone Films in collaboration with Rosas. Co-produced by 24images, Mezzo, Kaaitheater & La Monnaie, Sadler's Wells with the support of Vlaams Audiovisueel Fonds (VAF), the National Center for Cinema and Animated Image, Canvas, RTBF, Le Mans Television.